There are no better 4-barrel manifolds made than these by Clifford, the leader in the industry. Clifford's straight 6 manifold designs have 3 NHRA World Records! They know what they're doing!
Here is why Clifford manifolds are better than the imitators:
- The Clifford manifold has a wide, properly placed hot water jacket to atomize the fuel immediately upon exiting the carburetor, before moving through the runners. Without this (and sufficiently sized hot water connections), your cylinders will receive an uneven amount of fuel
- The Clifford manifold has an open plenum. That means there are adapters available for more than just a Holley 4 Barrel carburetor. If you need to change in the future to match the needs of your performance engine, you can do so with a simple adapter change
- The Clifford Holley adapter, for instance, can be positioned in any direction on the open plenum, depending on how you will use/race the car, you are not stuck with only one carburetor placement option
- The Clifford manifold is a single-plane design, just like the L6 engine (intakes at same height, pistons at same height, etc.). Other manifolds have a "step up" along the runner, making them "dual plane", which adversely affects L6 performance
- The Clifford manifold has a purpose-made "rough" interior surface to keep fuel from "pooling" in areas along the route, which could contribute to unbalanced lean & rich cylinder conditions
You will need a throttle cable and bracket to attach a four barrel carburetor to your original linkage (not included). See 10-1862 in Related Items below for Motorsport Auto's exclusive custom cable assembly, which will attach to your original Z throttle pedal without modification!
For Use With Our Headers:
If you are going to run this Clifford manifold with one of our headers, there will be a small area of interfere between them. Slight modification (grinding) is required to the mounting flange to allow proper clearance. The small amount removed will have no adverse effects on the install, the manifold, or the header.
For Use With Other Headers: The manifold will NOT work at all with Nissan Competition Headers, or Hooker headers.
Datsun 240Z, 260Z, or any 280Z/280ZX adapted for carburetors
Datsun S30, S130
1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983