- (1) Driveshaft Assembly
- (2) Replaceable U-Joint (Installed)
These driveshafts are custom built specifically for the Motorsport V8 Conversion with the GM 700R4 transmission, or the "Long" (9" Tailshaft) Turbo 350 transmission. Comes with a Chevrolet yoke on the transmission side and a Datsun flange on the differential side. Includes high quality, replaceable u-joints.
Over the years we have found several different combinations that are used with V8 conversions, including variants of the transmissions, differentials, and more. To ensure that we build the right driveshaft for your car, we will need to know some specifics for your exact setup. In addition, the driveshaft will not fit with the original 1975 front differential flange, non-datsun differentials, 2+2's, or "short" Turbo 350 transmissions. Please give us call if you are using one or more of these or for any other custom application in your Z. Unfortunately, these units may cost more depending on the changes that are needed.
- Transmission: Select the transmission you are using. We only offer these driveshafts for the listed GM transmissions.
- Differential: Select the differential you are using. If you are not sure which unit you have, please give us a call.
- Length: You will need to measure the length from the tip of the transmission tailshaft to the tip of the front differential flange. This can only be measured properly with the transmission and differential already installed in the car.
- Output Shaft: Some GM transmissions have an output shaft that sticks out beyond the end of the tailshaft. If your transmission has an output shaft like this, we will need to know exactly how much it sticks out. If your output shaft is flush with the tailshaft, please type "no" in the box above.
Datsun 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX
Datsun S30, S130
1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
Catalog part numbers 10-1851 & 10-1852 for 70-78, and 10-1881 & 10-1882 for 79-83 280ZX