For the 07-09 Dual version see Part #11-2930 in Related Items below
K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 03-06 350Z
|Quantity in Basket:none|
The Typhoon™ Air Intake System is a free-flowing, mandrel-bent, aluminum tube induction system designed to provide cool, dense air to the engine to increase performance. It is a direct replacement for the restrictive OE air box, filter, and inlet tract. Using the most advanced airflow management technology, K&N has optimized the flow characteristics of the Typhoon Air Intake System to complement its high-flow Filtercharger®. Designed specifically for the Nissan 350Z, this system bolts directly to the factory mounting points. The aluminum tube is available in two distinctive finishes: powdercoated sparkled blue, or brightly polished aluminum. It comes with a reusable, conical K&N Filtercharger® element backed by a Million Mile Limited Warranty, and complete with all installation hardware and instructions.
* Custom-built stainless-steel, barrel-locking hose-clamps, for higher clamping force and a unique look.
* K&N’s reusable, Xstream Airflow Top filters are used on most applications to ensure the highest flowing filtration possible.
* Precision CNC machined, 6061 billet aluminum adapters for accurate Mass airflow sensor readings.
* Powdercoated, steel brackets used where high engine torque can cause increased stress on the intake system.
* Unique 4-ply Dupont Nomex reinforced, silicone hoses for increased durability, tensile strength, and a high temperature range.
* Silicone, rubber, vibration mounts are used to absorb stress and movement caused by engine torque.
* CNC Mandrel-bent, 6061 aluminum tubing for smooth straightened airflow.
* Manufacturer tests have shown over 7.5 hp, and they expect it would increase if used synergistically with other power upgrades.
"Installed" image shows the polished version (see Related Items below)
This intake is approved for use in California. C.A.R.B. EO# D-269-32.
2003, 2004, 2005, 2006