Available Again! At $700.00 less!!
The Quaife ATB (Automatic Torque Biasing) Limited Slip Assembly powers both drive wheels, under almost any condition, instead of just one. With an ordinary open differential, standard on most cars, a lot of precious power is wasted during wheelspin while accelerating. This happens because the open differential shifts power to the wheel with less grip (along the path of least resistance). The Quaife, however, does just the opposite. It senses which wheel has the better grip, and biases the power to that wheel. It does this smoothly and consistently, without ever completely removing power from the other wheel. Perfect for drag-racing and straight-line acceleration needs, and an absolute requirement for autocrossers who want that winning edge!
Quaife Nissan R180 110mm C/W ATB Helical Limited Slip Differential Assemblies:
- They are a direct fit into the standard Nissan open R180 differentials with 110mm crownwheel, including all R180's originally* installed on 70-83 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, & 280ZX.
- Unlike conventional plate-style limited slip differentials, they rely on gears rather than clutch plates, resulting in much smoother operation. In racing, when all else is equal, smoothness wins.
- They never lock harshly because of a set pre-load of wheel slip across the driven axle, like a conventional LSD. Rather, they automatically bias the torque away from the spinning wheel across the axle, to a constantly varying degree, and never lock.
- They are a maintenance-free design which retains the standard oil lubrication.
- They are produced from Corus steel billets, and are CAD designed and CNC machined, then inspected to ISO 9001 standards.
- They are backed by a Lifetime manufacturer's warranty (subject to Quaife terms and conditions).
Datsun 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX
Datsun S30, S130
1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
Not all early Z's came with R180 differentials, and unless you've had yours from day one, the differential you now have many not be the original one. If you have any questions about, or need help identifying your differential, give our sales technicians a call at (800)633-6331.