NISMO Note: Due to reduced flights coming out of Japan and manufacturing delays, some NISMO items are taking longer than usual to come in stock. NISMO's average estimates are putting most items at around 4-8 weeks; however, we've seen some arriving in as little as 2. Many of these are selling faster than we can get them in stock as a result of these delays. As always, we will contact you to let you know whether these are in stock or not after we receive your order, and you can always call us at (800)633-6331 to check current availability prior to ordering as well.
Magnetic oil drain plugs help to capture and hold metal particles as they drain to the oil pan. This helps keep them from being drawn into the oil pump and re-circulating, which can result in engine damage. In addition, you'll be able to detect the deterioration of engine parts in advance by noting any buildup of particles on the magnet. This Genuine NISMO drain plug fits several models of VG and VQ engines and includes one reusable* sealing washer.
- Heat-resistant neodymium magnet maintains stable magnetic force even in high temperature environments (such as inside an engine).
- Constructed using an aluminum alloy for strength and light weight.
- Finished in high-grade alumite for improved aesthetics and corrosion resistance.
- Insert structure prevents magnets from interfering with the internal engine components.
- Reusable sealing washer included; no more buying replacement washers every oil change!
This drain plug has a very low torque spec for installation compared to the original plug, which requires 25 ft-lb. We recommend installing the plug by hand first (but only until resistance is felt), then follow NISMO's torque spec using an appropriate torque wrench. Given the low setting, it may be easier to achieve the correct torque (and prevent over-torqueing) using an inch-pound torque wrench instead.
Dimensions and Specifications:
- Torque Spec: 6.61 - 8.82 lbf (79.32 - 105.84 in-lbf)
- Thread Size: M12 x P1.25
- Thread Length (under head): 20mm
- Hex Head Width Across Flats – 17mm
Nissan 300ZX, 350Z, 370Z
Z31, Z32, Z33, Z34
1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020