Car Shows & Events
Are You Ready For Z-Bash?
The 2014 Motorsport Z-Bash! Saturday, April 26, 2014
Just in case you missed it, we announced in January that due to conflicting events, we won't be having the full three-day Z-Car West Coast Nationals event this year (see "Imporant Announcement..." below on this page). But we're still going to have a blast! On Saturday, April 26, 2014, we’ll be hosting the Z Bash, a one-day celebration of the Z-Car and the loyal fans of the West Coast Nationals. Read on for more details.
Here is the current schedule for the one-day event:
Note: All Motorsport Z-Bash events are on Saturday, April 26, 2014, at our shop in Orange. Signups for The Dyno and Group Z events will be posted below shortly.
- The Gathering of the Z's: The main attraction is always the Z-Cars. As you can see in the images (and remember if you were here in 2010 and 2011), there is still lots of room to line up lots of great Z's to check out. The day is centered around one thing, awesome Z's.
- The Motorsport Garage Sale: From discontinued items, to scratch & dent parts, to overstocks and more, all at blowout prices. New for this year will be a used parts section!
- The Z-Bash Dyno Day: We have a great Dyno company lined up so you can test the current performance of your Z right at Z-Bash quickly, easily, and for a great price. Just announced! We were able to hold the line on pricing at $49.95! Since there is only one spot available every 20 minutes, all registrations need to be done over the phone at (800)633-6331. Registrations are available now! First come first served, and we expect to sell out early, so don't miss your chance!
- The Z-Bash Showroom Sale: Great deals on select new parts ONLY available to those who actually come to the showroom at Z-Bash. One day only!
- The Z-Bash Free Lunch: What is better than enjoying Z-Cars at a show? Enjoying Z-Cars at a show with pizza. Come and participate as an enthusiast and have some free pizza!
- Associated Local Events: Some great associated events by our friends at Group Z Sports Car Club (see the next section below for details).
While we can't fit quite as many cars in our parking lots as on Collins Avenue during the Nationals, we dont' have to pay the city a fortune to close the street, so Z-Bash parking is FREE for all Z-Cars! In addition to the parking lots, the surrounding streets will also be full of great Z's ready for your camera, and fellow enthusiasts ready for your questions and discussion (often the best part!). Parking for non-Z's will be plentiful as well in the local areas around our shop in Orange. Motorsport is located at 1139 West Collins Avenue, Orange, CA 92867.
To add even more fun to the weekend, the great folks at Group Z are having Z-Bash companion events on Friday evening, before and after Z-Bash on Saturday, and even an event on Sunday, that we believe you'll enjoy!
- The Group Z Grand Prix: Group Z will be hosting a Z-Car karting challenge at K1 Speed in Anaheim, on Friday, April 25th, 2014, from 5:30pm to 9:00pm. If you've never experienced this type of karting, you might be surprised at the competition. The "Grand Prix" event includes a 12 lap practice, 14 lap qualifying, and a 16 lap final race. Trophies will be awarded for the top 3 finishers. To see details, directions, and restrictions, visit www.k1speed.com. The cost is $60.00 per person. Space limited. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Cars And Coffee Irvine: On Saturday, April 26th, 2014, Group Z and Z-Bash attendees will be meeting up at Cars And Coffee. If you've never been to one, it is worth the effort. You might see every kind of car imaginable from Model T's to Exotics. This event happens Saturday morning before Z-Bash, from 6:00am to 7:30am. Irvine is a few miles south of Motorsport. For more information, including directions, visit www.carsandcoffeeirvine.com.
- Santiago Canyon Run: Group Z and Z-Bash attendees will line up all Z-Cars on Gateway Avenue on Saturday, April 26th, 2014, at 7:45am after Cars And Coffee, and drive to Z-Bash. Santiago Canyon is a gorgeous canyon drive with lots of turns that all should enjoy.
- Z Meet Up & Dine: After Z-Bash on Saturday, April 26th, at 5pm, Group Z is sponsoring a Z Meet & Dine at Blake's Place BBQ in Anaheim (watch out for The Beast!). There will be a free beverage with food coupon available at Z-Bash. Blake's Place is located at 2905 E Miraloma Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806 | www.blakesplacebbq.com | (714)630-8574
- Fairlady Generations Cruise: On Sunday, April 27th, from 8am to Noon, Fairlady Generations is having a local meet & cruise event. For details visit their events page at facebook.com/events/275753455933932.
For more information about any of the Group Z Companion events listed above, contact email@example.com (for the K1 Speed event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org). For questions about the Z-Bash events listed above, just give us a call at (800)633-6331 or email email@example.com.
Important Announcement For The 2014 Motorsport Z-Car West Coast Nationals:
Thanks to you, Motorsport’s Z-Car West Coast Nationals has become the largest annual Z-only show in North America. Z owners from around the world have made our show one of the “must see” events in the Z hobby. We’re grateful.
Most of you are also aware of the prestigious National Z Car Convention. Held every year in a different region of the U.S., the 2014 Convention is being hosted by the San Diego, California, Z Club.
Having two premier Z events in the same geographic area of the country could be problematic for many Z owners. While the West Coast Nationals has attracted cars from as far away as New England (and spectators from Europe, South America, Asia and Australia), the majority of attendees are from the Western states. With the upcoming Convention in Southern California, many “long-distance” Z enthusiasts could be forced to make a choice as to which event to attend. We don’t feel this would be beneficial for the Z community.
So this year, Motorsport is putting the West Coast Nationals on hold. But that doesn’t mean we’re not going to party.
On Saturday, April 26, 2014, we’ll be hosting the Z Bash, a one-day celebration of the Z-Car and the loyal fans of the West Coast Nationals. (Details above on this page).
We hope to see you here.
Click Here To See Images From Other Recent Motorsport Events!